Mar 24, 2014

My New Spring Apron - from old floral curtains, Repurpose!

My new Spring apron


My weekend project!

Aprons make my heart smile.

They make me feel as though
I've stepped back in time to an
era of innocence & purity...

and considering I'm a really
messy cook might have factored 
in a bit too!



My New Spring Apron from old floral curtains!


I found these old floral curtains
in my material stash, I believe 
they hung in my daughter's room 
for a short time when she was little. 
(well before her, "everything need's to be black" phase!) 

Why not!  
I wasn't going shopping for some time 
and I wanted to make my apron now!
Floral, Spring...makes sense!

I used my current apron as a pattern,
cutting the fabric just a tad larger for
the seam allowance. 




I cut four strips of fabric,
folded the edges to the inside
and top-stitched.


apron strings!

I forgot how much fun sewing could be!


I cut my fabric, keeping the bottom hem
of the curtain as my bottom hem!

This apron came together in about 2 hours!
I won't win any sewing contests but I was
thrilled with the result!
I now feel fashionably equipped to make my
first spring-themed meal!

Bonus: with the sewing machine set out, 
my daughter is starting on her 2nd quilt now! 



I was inspired to make my apron 
when I saw the aprons Nana & Pam 
made @ 2 Creative Chicks!

thanks ladies!!
2 Creative Chicks
Challenge #12 - make an apron






Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

For more adventures on the Matter homestead, follow me! (:

also sharing @ Homestead Barn Hop, DL.Art. Busy Monday, Project Inspired 


11 comments:

  1. Oh Maria, I love it. Very pretty fabric for curtains but makes a beautiful spring apron. You will be cooking in style my friend. So thrilled to see join in the fun.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Apron I love, I love I love it. What a wonderful project and a great way to reuse recycle I am all for that.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful!!! Love that it is recycled!!! Awesome idea!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful floral print apron!
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your apron and it reminds me that I too have some old curtains that could be used in this way. Now I just need to find time :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, this is SO seriously awesome, Maria! What a great way to recycle that old curtain panel! Looks fabulous....and I would say totally professional sewing job, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron, what a great idea for how to re purpose the curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this apron. I wear an apron every time I cook. Great recycle project too using the curtains. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I need to sew me an apron. You make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it whenever people come together and share opinions.

    Great website, continue the good work!

    Feel free to surf to my site :: burberry silk scarf sale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria